What is A Virtual Workplace?
We get asked this a lot. Where are your offices and all the staff? We love this question.
We think today’s working environment is broken, perhaps not completely but in a lot of ways. It assumes:
- The best talent is in your neighborhood or willing to drive to that office everyday.
- Cubes and offices are great places to create the best work.
- 8-5 pm are fantastic times to do your best work.
Well, we respectfully disagree Many Fervor Creative Partners spent some time in the corner offices and cubes of the corporate climb and although we don’t hate on those guys, we chose the road less traveled.
We love that our partners work at their: homes, local coffee shops, collaborative office spaces, or even more traditional methods. We grab the best talent no matter where they are and connect using tools like; video conferencing, instant messaging and one of our favs Basecamp.
It’s the way work was meant to be. We feel it creates:
- The best work using the best talent no matter the location (we even have a partner in Germany)
- The best ideas (they happen outside, in a gym, on a bike and even behind a desk sometimes)
- The most flexible (we have a few uber-talented stay at home moms)
It’s not perfect but it’s pretty close.